The Business of the City: Miscellaneous

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Plainfield Police Division Accreditation in Progress



I was asked by a constituent for the policies and standards for law enforcement accreditation for the Plainfield Police Division. I sent the documents along, but figured that it would be a good idea to make sure that all residents can see a more detailed review of what the Police Division's PowerPoint presentation on Monday night illustrated. You will remember that the city council passed a resolution in 2014 (the vote was unanimous) to support the accreditation process. Bernice wrote a story about it--here's the link: Council Approves Accreditation Contract. For more information on accreditation in general, click on the "Law Enforcement Accreditation" link below. If you click on the links, you can download the PDFs of the manuals and glossary. I have also included a link to the Plainfield Police Division's website.


The director noted that the accreditation process is about 83% complete and that the division hopes to conclude the other 17% within the next couple of months. As chair of the Public Safety Committee, I will provide comprehensive updates at our upcoming council meetings.

Best,

Rebecca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment