The Business of the City: Miscellaneous

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Four More Years

I was affirmed at last night's council reorganization meeting as the at-large council representative for the Second and Third Wards of our city. Mayor Adrian Mapp offered a strong and positive "State of the City" address at the meeting which noted many accomplishments:  reduced crime and safer streets; fiscal accountability after 8 years of irresponsibility and incompetence under the previous mayor--including reconciling old capital ordinances and reallocating $653,000 for road repairs; and focusing on economic development. Click here to read the speech in its entirety. 

As I begin a new term, I look forward to continuing to serve you with honesty, integrity, and to the best of my ability. 

Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. To the Anonymous Commenter who has issues with my posts--you have quite a selective memory yourself. Perhaps I will post your commentary if you sign your name and take responsibility for your claims.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,

    Thanks for your hard work for everyone in Plainfield. I wish you and the Council good luck and hope everyone works for Plainfield. It's nice to see this administration was able to accomplish more in one year than I recall in the last four years of the previous administration and I can list those "unaccomplishments" that hurt Plainfield and also the very few that helped us. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the hardest working councilperson during my 30 years living in Plainfield- I congratulate you Councilwoman Rebecca Williams.

    ReplyDelete