The Business of the City: Miscellaneous

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

VOTE TALLY UPDATE: THANK YOU, PLAINFIELD.

I want to thank all the voters who came out in support of me (and Senator Booker and Congresswoman-elect Bonnie Watson-Coleman) during the election. Thanks to your overwhelming support, I have been re-elected to a second term. Interestingly enough, for those of you who have been following the silly antics of the so-called "45th most powerful person in NJ politics"--you know him as Jerry "I Run This Motherf&#@er" Green--his "leadership" of the county party cost him votes in Plainfield.

UPDATE: I received MORE VOTES THAN ALL the Jerry Green-backed Union County candidates in the 2 Wards I represent (Wards 2 and 3). 
Here are the vote totals in those wards:
Rebecca Williams:      3,743
Sheriff (Joe Cryan):   3,610
Surrogate (LaCorte):  3,613
Freeholder (Estrada): 3,552
Freeholder (Hudak):   3,592
Freeholder: (Wright): 3,611

Jerry Green's stupid election tricks backfired on him, and likely cost his county candidates votes--I am sure they are looking at the numbers. I hope the county powers-that-be are taking notice of how Jerry Green is (not) running the county Democratic party. It's time for him to GO!

 



In addition, the team I endorsed for school board--Rutherford, Jeffers, & Bellamy--all won DECISIVELY. Congratulations to you all! 

And, finally, despite the dirty election tricks and lack of support he received from the Union County Democrats, Jerry Green, and the Freeholders (I received no support from them, either, at the behest of Jerry Green), Derek Armstead WON the Linden election and will be the next mayor of Linden, also making history as the first African American mayor of that city. Congratulations to Derek on a hard-fought and hard-won race.

Time for bed!

Rebecca

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rebecca. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca- I just had to paste a clip from Ass. Jerry Green's blog.

    "In Linden, I am happy to say that we elected our first African American Mayor, who as Senator Nick Scutari and I clarified in a recent letter to the public, I have supported all the way. The Mayor of Linden will be working alongside a strong Democratic City Council, whose members have joined fellow Democratic City Council persons across the County who celebrated victories yesterday."

    As you can read, Ass. Jerry Green can't even write the First Historical African American Mayor Elect Derek Armstead's name. Let's just hope in 2015 we won't have to remember HIS name.

    It's time to DUMP GREEN and all of his puppets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regarding Linden NJ elections . . . Poor demented losing Gerald Green. He can't even type in Derek Armstead's name.

    "In Linden, I am happy to say that we elected our first African American Mayor, who as Senator Nick Scutari and I clarified in a recent letter to the public, I have supported all the way. The Mayor of Linden will be working alongside a strong Democratic City Council, whose members have joined fellow Democratic City Council persons across the County who celebrated victories yesterday."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was Jerry "I ain't got all night" Green. (While talking to the residents of Liberty Village who were in danger of losing their homes. I guess it was more important for Jerry to get back to his comfy abode than to help those residents who came dangerously close to being on the street).

    Glad you are back on the council. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca - I think the citizens of Plainfield are trying to tell you something. We will hear them loud and clear . . . soon. Interested in running for Assembly???

    ReplyDelete