The Business of the City: Miscellaneous

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Remembering Pat Turner Kavanaugh

Having just returned from the memorial service held for my League of Women Voters of Plainfield colleague Pat Turner Kavanaugh, I offer again my deepest condolences to her family and Plainfield friends. I first met Pat over ten years ago, when I became a member of the local chapter of the League of Women Voters. We worked on a number of projects together over the years, and her work ethic and sense of community volunteerism is what I will most remember about her. Her obituary is published on the League's website. Click here.

1 comment:

  1. HI REBECCA I JUST WANTED TO WRITE TO ASK IF YOU GUYS WILL BE DOING A WRITE IN FOR MR MCCRAY. I AM A THIRD WARD RESIDENT AND I THINK MRS. TAYLOR IS A DISASTER. SHE WAS AT MY HOME ON SUNDAY CAMPAIGNING AND SHE TALKED ABOUT THE MAYOR AND HIS CABINET SO BAD I ASKED HER TO LEAVE. SHE IS ALSO THREATENING A RECAL ALONG WITH THE FORMER MAYOR MRS. BRIGGS, AND MALCOLM DUNN WHOM HAVE RIPPED THE CITY OFF FOR SOM MANY YEARS. I VOTED FOR MR MCCRAY IN THE JUNE PRIMARY AND I WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN.

    THANKS

    ReplyDelete