The Business of the City: Miscellaneous

Monday, June 23, 2014

Inciting Violence for One's Political/Religious Views: A Plainfield Case

In this day and age, to even suggest that those who don't agree with a political view should be beheaded is crossing the line--it is INCITING VIOLENCE--it is threatening, irresponsible, and dangerous.


The reason I say "dangerous" is that at one point in a long and rambling post on Facebook that came up on my newsfeed Sunday night, Alex Toliver seems to be suggesting that "beheading" is what I deserve--if one can discern the meaning through all the grammatical errors: "THE WORSE RERSON[S] IS A [HYPERERCRITICAL LIAR THAT CANT DE TRUSTED IN THE MID EAST THEY DO BEHEAD THEM DONT THEY!?"  


Disagreeing with an individual's political stance is one thing. I disagree with the undemocratic bullying tactics of Jerry Green, who disenfranchised the duly-elected local Democratic party and chose Diane Toliver, Gloria Taylor, and Charles Eke to run for local office--a slap in the face to local party members. In this day and age, to even suggest that those who don't agree with a political view should be beheaded is crossing the line--it is INCITING VIOLENCE--it is threatening, irresponsible, and dangerous. He is fueling animosity that I take as a threat.

"you looked GREAT last nite i loved your hair"
"some that u know don't know where their REAL help come from"
Backstory: Sunday evening, as I was multitasking on my computer (chatting on Facebook while working on some research projects), a strange post came up on my Facebook newsfeed. I realized that it was from Alex Toliver, whose scurrilous (and possibly dangerous) ravings about me were apparently what was occupying his mind on a Sunday night. This is a different "Alex" from the past--in the past, he would send me decidedly "private" FB messages of a different and personal type--you be the judge of what these messages suggest (see at right).  

So, out of curiosity, I went to his Facebook page (he was a FB "friend") and read the entire barely literate rant--it is posted in its entirety at the bottom of this blog post, along with the screen shots. What I saw was alarming. 

Among other lies, he accuses me of being a member of a "cult." In his sadly befuddled mind, my "crimes" include not pledging the flag, which he fully knows I do not do for religious reasons. Toliver, along with the former
"u are a special person" "great picture of you and mr mapp but I like yours alone"

mayor, tried to question my patriotism 2 years ago, but when I called him out about it, he at least had the decency to admit that he was wrong. I was the one who wrote and introduced a resolution thanking him for his assistance in organizing the veterans portion of the Independence Day events in 2012, when he complained to me (at the event) that the former mayor hadn't even mentioned his name at the concert (which was true--it was the talk of the tent we were under)--he was invisible to her. I felt that he should have been congratulated, so I did the resolution. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.


He also takes me to task for not supporting his mentor, the so-called leader "Jerry Green," whose slanderous lies about me backfired against him and made statewide news. Alex, his wife, their running mates, and Jerry Green tried to assassinate my character during the recent primary--it didn't work. The PEOPLE elected me to office as a grassroots Democrat who always puts them first. All Alex Toliver will be remembered for is giving away $1.2 million in taxpayer dollars to further enrich his PMUA cronies at the expense of the hardworking people of Plainfield. Shameful. He is morally befouled.



Below is his harassing rant in its entirety:







BIG AND IN BOLD TYPE
WHAT A SHAME FOR PLAINFIELD TO HAVE SOMEONE ON THE CITY COUNCIL THAT WAS PUT THERE FROM THE FUND RAISEING AND PRINT MATTER OF JERRT GREEN AND JUST TO THINK THIS PUT REMEMBER HAND ON THE HOLY BIBLE TO TAKE THE OATH OF OFFICE THE SAME AS EVERYONE BUT SHE WILL NOT HONOR THE AMERICAN PLEDGE NOR WILL SHE LOOK AT THE AMERICAN FLAG MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT THIS MY FRIENDS REBECCA COUNCIL??SAY[ SHE BELONG TO A CULT THAT IS CALL THE JEFFERSONIAN]THIS SHE DID NOT DECLARE BEFORE SHE RAN FOR EHE ELECTON THIS ALONE SHE SHOULD BE RECALLED ] FOR BEING FALSE. NOT ONLY THAT SHE HAVE NOT BEEN IN OFFICE A FULLY 4YRS AT ONE TIME REBECCA AND HER NOW MAYOR MR MAPP DECLARED THAT THEY WAS A REGULAR DEMOCRATE [NOT A NEW DEMOCRATE] THEY FALSEY TOOH OUR MONEY I/I JERRY GREEN FUND RAISEING AND LIT TO GET YOUR VOTE THIS SEE LIKE THE REPEAT OR OUR 4TIME MAYOT MR MCWILLAM THE WENT TO THE REPUBILCANS BUT WAS LATER FORM THE NEW DEMOCRATS MAYOR MC WILLIAM I MUST SAT SAU WAS 98% better FOR PLAIN THEN WHAT WE HAVE I AM CALLING ALL VETERANS TO CALL FOR THIS PERSON TO BE REPLACED [NOW] BEFORE SHETANE HER SEAT I JAN AS A CITYCOUNCIL PERSON JUST TO THINK WE AS VETERAN WENT TO WAR FOR EVERY ONE BUT THIS PERSON WILL NOT HONOR US BY TURN TO THE FLAG NOR PLEDGE ALLIANCE TO OUR COUNTRY THIS IS A DISGRACE THAT MUST COME TO A END NOW WE OWE THIS TO THE ONES THAT DID NOT COME HOME ARE THE ONES THAT DID WITH POOR HEALTH PROBLEMS I WAS JUST WONDERING IS SHE LIVED IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY THAT IF SHE WAS ABLE TO LIVE SHE WOULD KISS THE AMERICAN GROUND !! AND I CNN'T UNDER WHY IS SO MUCH HATERED FOR THE MAN THAT PUT HER INTO THE PUBLIC AS A DEMOCRATIC LATER TURN AND BECAME THE NOW NEW DEMCRATIC [REASON IS THEY COULD NOT RAISE THE FUNDS TO RIN AS THE NEW DEMOCRATIC EVEN THE CARPETBAGGER COULD NOT GET THEM THE VOTES NEEDED AND AFTER ALL WILLIAMS ONLY WON BY 56 VOTES!! NOTHING TO BRAG ABOUT!! SHE ALSO LOST TO AFRICAN THAT LOVE THIS COUNTRY AND PLEDGES HIS LIFE TO PLUS PLACES HIS HAND OVER HIS HEART EACH TIME HE SEE OUR FLAG YES IT IS TIME [NOW] TO OPENLY REJECT WILLIAMS TO SIT AT THE CITH COUNCIL!!! NOW AS OF LAST YEAR SHE DECLARED THAT THE SHE BELONG TO THE [JEFFSONIOAN CULT] IS SO WHY DID SHE NOT LET THE PUBLIC KNOW OF THIS JERRY GREEN MAYBE NOT THE ALL AND ALL[ BUT HE WAS THE ONE THAT WAS TURN TO IN THEIR TIME OF NEED FOR VOTES] I WAS TOLD THAT IN EVERY BILLE THE WORSE RERSON[S] IS A [HYPERERCRITICAL LIAR THAT CANT DE TRUSTED IN THE MID EAST THEY DO BEHEAD THEM DONT THEY!? I AM HOPING EVERYONE WILL READ THIS AND PASS IT IS 1/E TO EVERY VETERAN AND FAMILY AND THAT THEY WILL COME TO OUR CITY COUNCEI MEETING AT 7;30 PM MONDAY NITE ARE LOOK UP CALL THE PLAINFIELD NEW JERSEY OFFICE FOR TIME AND DIRECTION YOUR COUNTRY NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!!!
 

7 comments:

  1. How could such an illiterate liar be on the PMUA. He makes a fool of himself and is obviously someone's tool and makes Jerry and his people look very bad. This smacks of Jerry and Sharon and one will never be elected to public office again and the other will be out of office soon enough. Keep up the good work Rebecca and keep caring about the people of Plainfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this incoherent rambling from coming from a man, who along with his wife, Council wannabe Diane Toliver, were making off with over $1300 a month in illegal compensation from the PMUA. They don't care about oaths of office, or the law, apparently. Add to these two the other scofflaws Mitchell, Brokaw, and Brown, along with their enablers in public office, Reid, Taylor, Eke, Dunn, Sanders, and numerous others, and you can see just how broken our city is, and particularly how corrupt the local Democratic party is under the tutelage of Jerry Green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birds of a feather?? Like husband, like wife?? OMG, is this what we can expect from our new 1st ward council person? I’m really afraid for Plainfield.

    RB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex Toliver is nuts. If his wife is as "Bright " as he is the 1st Ward is in for a real treat. Please tell me how in this day and age can anyone be that stupid. There was not one sentence that was correct or coherent. This man should not represent any veteran or veteran's organization. This is why the PMUA is so out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this earlier and wanted to comment, but I had to take an Aleve and wait for the headache I got trying to read it to go away. Does this man know what a sentence is? I find his rants to be annoying and quite ignorant. In May, he wrote one again spouting pretty much the same rhetoric, but made some comments concerning religion which I found to be personally offensive and replied in a post back to him. He then sent me a private message to "explain" and apologize, which only dug the hole deeper. I didn't even respond. IF, he wants to profess to be such a good Christian, he needs to learn a little more tolerance concerning other religions. I was raised as a Christian, however after traveling through Africa (17 different countries, there more than here) for 4 years, I was introduced to Islam. Eight years ago I met and married an Egyptian who by the way, is a Veteran of the US Army, (his family fled Egypt in 1968 when Israel bombed Egypt) and converted Islam (Sunni). Mr. Toliver speaks of going to war to fight for freedom, I would be interested in knowing what war, if he actually go overseas and fight or was he stationed in a base. I think he should also know that his comments about you being beheaded could be considered a "terrorist threat" under the Patriot's Act and he could be subject to arrest. What scares me more than his ignorant rants is that if he has any influence on his wife (which I am sure he does), we are in SERIOUS trouble. Keep doing what you're doing Rebecca, I gotcha back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is true Jerry. The only reason Jerry is where he is hinges on giving people jobs, and they threatening them they will lost them if they don't do what he says. His "genius" picks are Taylor, Toliver, Greaves, Reid. What a bunch!

    This is what we get. How many people voted in the last election? Don't complain, Plainfield. You have decided to settle - so no b####ing allowed!!!!

    Jerry preys on those less educated, which means he buys votes - not literally but through favors. Plainfield will never be any better until better educated people (and by that I mean people who truly think for themselves without being beholding to Jerry) are the majority of voters. Until then, Plainfield will always be run by people who settle. Can you picture Jerry in Westfield or Cranford? He wouldn't be elected dog catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To the Anonymous individual who wrote a comment on my blog this morning: Who are you to presume to tell me whether or not I should feel threatened? Who are you to presume what is "harmless" to me? Who are you to be so dismissive of harassment and incitement of violence?

    ReplyDelete