The Business of the City: Miscellaneous

Saturday, March 8, 2014

H.E.L.P. (Honest, Ethical Leadership for Plainfield) is Here!

H.E.L.P. is here!

Honest
Ethical
            Leadership for
    Plainfield

On Wednesday evening, at the Cedarbrook Area Block Association meeting, I formally announced my re-election as the 2nd & 3rd Ward At-large Democratic candidate for Plainfield City Council. I also introduced my 3rd Ward running mate, Charles McRae, who will be working to fill the vacancy left by Adrian Mapp's move to the mayoral seat. I have known Charles for several years, and I have long admired his work as a community activist, his leadership and ability as chair of Plainfield's Citizens Budget Advisory Committee (CBAC), and his commitment to our city. Charles brings credibility, honesty, and ethical behavior to the table.

The people of the 2nd and 3rd Wards will decide whether I have provided the quality of service and level of commitment that they think deserves a second term. In addition, the people will decide whether my choice of Charles McRae as my running mate is the choice for them as well. Over the next several weeks, Charles and I will be knocking on doors, talking with neighbors, and laying out our campaign platform to demonstrate that we will put you, the people of Plainfield, first. 

Charles is about the future of Plainfield, not the past. He is smart, level-headed, open-minded, and independent! You should want nothing less from your council representatives! I am proud to have him as my running mate--we need leadership that is community-based, ethical, and honest.  

Best,

Rebecca

P.S. For those residents in the First Ward who have long complained about the dearth of knowledgeable, responsible leadership in your ward, don't worry! We have an excellent candidate for the First Ward seat who will be a part of our team. That announcement will be forthcoming--stay tuned!



3 comments:

  1. thank you for what you've done for the citizens of the city to date and hopefully Charles can bring some much needed ethics to join yours on the City Council

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness Charles is not "old school". What Plainfield does not need is old anything - ideas, ways of governing, or staying in the rut.

    I look forward to Charles' new ideas, and fresh perspective to an old and tired council (not including yourself, Rebecca).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank, Rebecca. Looking at some of the members of our current City Council, we need people who will serve Plainfield and not special interests. Good luck. You have my vote.

    ReplyDelete