The Business of the City: Miscellaneous

Monday, July 29, 2013

Apologies to Eric, Dave, and Eric--Public Servants

I want to issue an apology to Eric Berry, Eric Jackson, and David Minchello. 

It seems as if my (admittedly rushed) blog post implied something that I truly did not intend--in re-reading what I wrote, I saw how the post was misconstrued. At no point was I suggesting that these public servants were anything but ethical, honest, and straightforward. I have extremely good working relationships with them and I value their input and advice.The metaphor of "contagion" was meant to be limited to those who were involved in the fraudulent events of last summer. 

Mr. Berry, Mr. Jackson, and Mr. Minchello work at very difficult jobs, and do them well--I am very appreciative of their work for our city. My deepest apologies go to these gentlemen. I am deleting the poorly-written references. 

Regarding the fraud that occurred in the Recreation Division last year, certain employees were handing out fraudulent applications to benefit a marketing company that had no connection to the city. Personnel has changed, so it is hoped that this has been put to bed.

Rebecca



5 comments:

  1. Rebecca, by deleting, not just rephrasing the original posting I am sure is an error since it leaves all the comments hanging out to dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc--I deleted all those previous comments--since they no longer made sense in the context of the revised post. Thanks.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the 10:49 AM Anonymous commenter: Dan Damon's blog is incorrect regarding the return of certain personnel, although there are still questions about some of the other points raised. My apology to the individuals named above is based upon a misinterpretation/misconstruing of language I used in a poorly-worded blog post. I cannot comment on personnel issues--I suggest you reach out to the administration for the answers you seek.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete