The Business of the City: Miscellaneous

Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Holiday Season is Upon Us


2012 has been a challenging (yet still rewarding) year. I will be baking cookies for loved ones, recovering from a difficult semester, and catching up on my reading over the next week. 
 

Right now, I am reading The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective, by Kate Summerscale (which I just found out has been made into a movie!) and The Radical and the Republican: Frederick Douglass, Abraham Lincoln, and the Triumph of Antislavery Politics, by James Oakes. 

I am watching the seventh season of Dexter, and I also plan to see Hitchcock and Anna Karenina before the new semester begins. 
 
I hope that you all are able to find a bit of time to relax, refresh, and rejuvenate for the coming year, and I  want to wish everyone healthy and happy holidays!

All best,

Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment