The Business of the City: Miscellaneous

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year's End: 2011 and the "Freshman Fifteen"

With Gabby, one of my youngest constituents

As my first year as a councilor comes to an end, I just want to thank you all, the good people of Plainfield, for your support in what has been, to say the least, a challenging period in my life. I am proud to have been a part of the city council that finally passed the Citizen's Campaign municipal reform ordinances (especially the one designed to end pay-to-play), and to have been able to assist my constituents in any way I could. I was going to write a review of my year on the council, but I figured that it would be easier for folks to just read past blog posts if they have any interest.

There is still so much work to be done to try to improve our city, and as the councilor for the Second and Third Wards At-large, I will do my best to represent your interests. As always, please continue to reach out to me via phone or email (or even Facebook, as a number of constituents do--lol), and I will respond and/or direct your query to the appropriate resource.

I had previously thought the term "Freshman Fifteen" referred to the weight gain that many students put on during their first year away at college--now I realize that it is possible that it could refer to pounds gained during the first year of any new endeavor...um, like serving on a city council (clearly the case in my situation)! So, my personal resolution is to drop my freshman fifteen--pounds, that is--and to focus on being a better public servant in the coming year. Wishing you all a safe and healthy eve!

All best,

Rebecca 


1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Councilwoman! A first year well done and looking forward to your representation for the next three years and then some . . .

    CP

    ReplyDelete